Below are a few helpful tips to prevent injuries during the colder months:
- Stay inside until the sidewalks and roads are clear
- Wear shoes/boots with good traction
- Replace the rubber tip of your cane before it is worn out
- Have someone shovel and salt walkways if you can’t
- Falls can occur when exiting vehicles. Make sure your footing is clear when exiting a car
- The most important tip is to ask for help. Arrange for rides to the grocery store and doctor's appointments.
For more information, please visit www.chsli.org or call 1-855-CHS-4500.